Dominion Healthcare Realty, LLC ("DHCR") was created as an out growth of Dominion Advisory Group, Inc. (aka DAG). DAG was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. DHCR is headed by DAG Founder and President, Larry R. Baumgardner, CCIM. Mr. Baumgardner is a 45-year veteran of the real estate industry including stints in the savings and loan industry as a business economist, former Real Estate Administrator of Worldwide Facilities at a $120 billion insurance and financial services company, and as a principal in his own commercial real estate brokerage and development firm. Throughout its 25-year history, DAG has successfully acquired, leased, managed and developed office, healthcare, retail, mini-storage and corporate facility properties.
DHCR emerged out of a client-driven demand for build-to-suits of medical office buildings by hospitals, clinics and other medical groups where special DAG hospital and care-provider relationships had been built over the prior years. To kick off this initiative, DHCR brought in Jim Ploetz, in healthcare real estate acquisitions, development, leasing and management with specific experience in working with prominent healthcare hospital systems such as HCA, Texas Health Resources and the Methodist Hospital System (San Antonio).
The principals of DHCR have been instrumental in the purchase, development and masterplans for healthcare properties valued at $250+ million and have launched a strategic business relationship with several hospital systems.
- Consulting in valuing, operating, selling and purchasing existing real estate assets
- Developing ground-up facilities to replace antiquated buildings or improve healthcare delivery
- Master planning hospital or medical office campuses to accommodate future growth and parking challenges
- Consulting hospitals on satellite ambulatory or ancillary service facilities/strategies
- Leasing and managing medical office buildings to attract and retain physician tenants
- Structuring off balance sheet medical office building and hospital facility developments
- Raising equity for hospitals and physicians for healthcare facility replacement or expansion
- Purchasing healthcare facilities from hospitals, while preserving protective use controls
- Establishing joint-venture real estate transactions with hospitals and physicians
- Offering ownership equity participation to physician tenants in medical office buildings
- Acquiring land for hospitals and physicians and bringing entitlements to such land
- Adding value to hospital and physician owned facilities through proactive and proven leasing and management services
- Representing hospitals and physicians in lease negotiations with third-party landlords
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Additional Services